Check out any of the events in the calendar below to see what I worked on that day. You can also page back through the months to see conventions I’ve attended and my past work.
Learn more about my new epic fantasy novel below the calendar. Find out when and where you can get a copy on the Books page.
About The Rifts of Renjian
The magic in this series revolves around whether an enchanter is born in the summer or winter. Sorry, children of spring and fall, you have no magic powers!
Riftfall (Book II) Milestones:
- May 2016: Outlining
- August 2016: First draft begins
Riftblade (Book I) Milestones:
- Late June 2014: Synthesizing ideas
- July 2014: Technology research, character and setting development, magic
- Aug. 2014: Character refinements and plot outline begin
- Sept. 2014: Naming, early prewriting wraps up
- Jan. 2015: Some more prewriting
- Late Aug. 2015: Prewriting wraps
- Sept. 2015: First draft begins
- Dec. 2015: First draft done
- May 2016: Second draft done
- June 2016: Third draft started
- August 2016: Third draft done & beta reading started
- September 2016: Beta reading done
- October 2016: Began revising based on beta reader feedback
Kanenn is a good soldier, but when his entire battalion is slaughtered by invading enchanters, he can do nothing to stop them. A lone enchanter throws him from the battlefield, leaving him the sole survivor. Now he must reconcile his people’s desire for vengeance with the knowledge that the enchanters aren’t all fighting on the same side.
Get Ready for New Releases
Find out instantly when I publish Riftblade. No spam — you decide how often I email you. Join the Vanguard and get access to FREE short stories, giveaways, and previews of upcoming works!Join the Vanguard
You can also get other great stuff by joining the Ardent Alliance.
About The Last of the Ageless
Directed by his tribe’s belief in the Ancient Teachings, Dalan saved the life of a fellow shapeshifter, only to learn she didn’t need rescued at all — quite the opposite — Nyr deserved to die.
Find out more on the Books page.
- 2001: Began writing
- 2010: Major revisions left the novel at 87,000 words, but without an ending
- Nov. 2011: Fresh rewrite begins
- July 2012: Completed draft sits at 130,000 words
- March 2013: Beta readers and final revisions begin
- Sept. 2014: Developmental edits begin
- Feb. 2015: Copy edits begin
- May 2015: Round 2 beta reading ends
- June 2015: Proofreading begins
- July 2015: Final production and preorder available
- August 2015: Publication!
Find out when and where you can get a copy of The Last of the Ageless on the Books page.
See all blog posts for this novel.