My first podcast interview!
Ever wondered what my voice sounds like? Or how to pronounce my name?Listen to the Podcast
Charlie Hoover is a well-known name on Google+, where he asks the Geek Question of the Day. And I got to be on the very first episode of his new podcast! At the beginning of each of his podcast episodes, he highlights some community members’ answers to the GQotD. This time we discussed:
- What would you name the first city on the moon and why? (G+ thread here)
- Who are your favorite fictional police/law enforcement characters? (G+ thread)
- If you could travel a century into the future but only stay for a few hours, where would you go and what would you do? (G+ thread)
- If you swapped two words in the title of a story, what would the new title be, and what would it be about? (G+ thread)
- What are some geek-themed colors and what might you use them on? (G+ thread)
- If you suddenly found yourself pulled into the last scene you read in a book, where would you be and how would your chance of survival look? (G+ thread)
The Geek Question of the Day is not a closed community by any means! Anyone can answer. So pop by Charlie’s collection and see what topics we’re exploring next.
At around 19 minutes, my interview begins! Charlie and Aalia grill me by asking:
- Who are you and where are you from?
- What do you do for a living?
- Who are your geeky inspirations?
- What are your top three geeky passions? (Hint: Firefly)
- What’s your geekiest memory?
- Who is your favorite hero?
- Who is your favorite villain?
- What scifi/fantasy characters do you relate to the most?
- What job (real or fictional) would you most want to have?
- What fictional location would you retire to if you could?
I also briefly mention the Patreon I’ve just launched in this podcast. I’ll post more about this later, but if you’re interested, you’ll get all kinds of goodies when you join the Ardent Alliance!